A Quaint English Village

1/14/2013



I'm back in northland! Well...for a day. With university classes starting again next week I had to go in today to collect my portfolio and results. I had the best Christmas holidays. It was the first time since starting uni that I really appreciated my home and seeing my family after so long apart. I'm in my second year and uni is a 3-5 hour drive from my lovely family home meaning I hardly go back. My holidays were full of so many fun and exciting adventures, meaning I have yet to post about them all. I'm also off to Birmingham tomorrow for a few days to visit my best friend Jenna whom I haven't seen since the summer!!! How ridiculous! So there's plenty of posts lined up and lots more blogging opportunities on the way.  

After going to Woburn Safari Park we decided to explore the beautiful little Georgian Village Woburn. It's so picturesque and purist England. The only chain store in sight was the restaurant Loch Fyne which is such a niche anyway and subtly blended in. We wondered whether they actively petition against chains, deciding it was a great idea and that more places should be preserved and cherished. I do love my chain stores, but at times places become so similar and unoriginal. 

We visited a local art gallery run by a lovely, kind man who had such a cute dog (I never used to be much of an animal person, oh how times are a-changing) and stumbled across a wonderful antique store in an old church. We decided to be nosey and check out the local church only to be surprised by the layout and to see antiques on sale. I felt as if I was intruding in someone's home. Lots of rooms full of so many treasures! Being me I got much more excited over the books than the jewellery. In my future home I would love to have some books such as these. Maybe just enough to fill one shelf? The delicate feel, the precious stories contained, the sheer beauty of the lost art of binding and artist integrity.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love how England has so many beautiful, unique little places x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). So do I, they're so cute and special. Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!! These photo's are so gorgeous! You're fantastic at photography! The places look absolutely stunning!!
    Aw, I wish I could be living in a place like that! :' (


    >Maddy<
    http://maddybeautylove.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D. You never know, you may one day. Xx

      Delete
    2. No problem!!! : D Ahaha I hope so!!

      >Maddy<

      Delete

Subscribe