Eylure Semi Permanent Eyelashes

2/02/2013

*Pink text: hyperlinks
I just want to take a minute to fangirl over my new bedcovers! Having moved from student halls to a student house this current academic year I went though the transition from a single bed to a double which I completely forgot about until I was just about to leave my family home at the end of summer to drive the 3-5hour trip to university. So in a mad rush we found a plain white double bedcover in our airing cupboard that I then adopted from September until now. As my room is very modern in design i.e. lots of white, it didn't add any personality and would get visibly dirty ridiculously quick. I would wash it and the following day you would be able to see some form of fluff or something that would drive me crazy and felt like my bed looked gross and as my bed is the biggest aspect of my room (my desk being tinie tiny) I wanted it to be gorgeous.    

Having spotted this design in Asda a few months ago I knew it was the one I wanted to buy; it was lovely and reasonably priced. The only trouble being I never go to Asda as it's very out of the way and I personally don't drive, so I continued to endure the white bedcovers. However having recently changed my eating habits to start a healthier lifestyle I needed to get a food shop delivered from Asda as some of the options I wanted weren't available at Aldi or the smaller supermarket convenient stores. This was the perfect time to add it to my basket and finally get the covers! Having recently visited Jenna in Birmingham and discovering that she has the same covers but in black I wanted them even more *matching bed covers baby*.  

Order placed and I was SO excited for them to arrive. I am so happy with the design, the way the colour pops in my little student room and make my bed beautiful. I know the majority of the design is also white but the artistic flower sketch pattern preoccupies the eye and they can be turnt over to reveal a reversed white flowers on pink background design. I love it and it really makes my life that much happier. It may seem silly that I put so much thought and consideration into this decision, but it truly is the little things that make our lives what they are and affect our overall happiness. 

Now for the eyelashes! 

Before I decided to give these a whirl I read previews, researched how to do it, compared prices and generally gave it a lot of thought. I decided on the Eylure Individual Lashes from Boots for £5.35, after looking into the amount charged by beauticians (around £40!) I figured I didn't have much to lose by doing it myself and after all it might turn out lovely. I also like the control :). The kit came with lash bunches in short, medium and long, eyelash glue, eyelash removing solution and instructions. I've included a range of photos so that the difference can be clearly seen.

1) Everyday eye make up; the YSL waterproof mascara which is incredible. I used it on holiday and it just doesn't budge! Although that does make taking it off a ridiculous chore.  

2) Make up free baby! People always seem surprised that I have blonde eyelashes (well what colour did you expect?!). I'm lucky that they're naturally quite long and curly, unfortunately without make up they are almost invisible meaning my mascara application needs not only to change the colour but the build up texture and volume and so it takes a while to apply and I feel super naked and self conscious without any on. 

3) To apply the semi permanent eyelashes I ensured by face was squeaky clean and that I had the time and natural sunlight to carry out the application properly. I dabbed the glue on foil and used tweezers to dip the end of each eyelash bunch into the glue then applied to my lash line. As I built up the lashes it became increasingly difficult it apply on the lash line and so a few are slightly more on the eyelid. The glue dries quickly and I spontaneously put as many bunches on each eye as I thought it aesthetically needed. Afterwards I had just under a third of the lashes left and most of the glue. 

4) After trimming the lashes slightly to create an even, symmetrical appearance I also added a sweep of the YSL waterproof mascara to the tops. I expected them to be much darker and as natural lashes aren't in bunches and mine are not even visible, the bottom is lighter than I would've liked. I also considered applying fake lashes under the eyes but they were far too long. 


TaDa!!! 

I've had a lot of compliments on how natural they look and how the join isn't visible compared with strip lashes and that they're super long. I'm actually really happy with how they have turned out and love waking up feeling like a pretty doll princess. They hardly move when I sleep and they don't feel anywhere near as heavy as strip lashes. Removing my make up is easier than expected, even the mascara from my bottom lashes (!) I simply need to avoid using oil based remover as it'll weaken the glue. I reckon the glue would probably also work on strip lashes if you wished to make them semi permanent. These should last 1-3 weeks and they certainly make putting on make up far quicker. Four stars :D. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe