A Different Kind of Advent Calender

12/28/2013

*Pink text: hyperlinks

video

Merry, merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you've all had a super wonderful time this holiday season and have exciting plans for NYE. 

I have absolutely loved being home. My family, the feel of our home, the peace and time I've had to recharge, ponder, study, feel the Holy Spirit and recieve answers to many questions. However being in the final year of my degree, I still have work to be doing and a great many things to look forward to.

While being home I have had the opportunity to be with some of the Young Single Adults from my home stake, it's both odd and wonderful to see how much it has changed. How many friends are currently serving voluntary missions for the LDS church and how many are married or moved away to university, and how many new faces there are! 

Throughout December the YSA have been taking it in turns to each create a short video bearing their personal testimony of our Saviour Jesus Christ as a beautiful and uplifting countdown to Christmas. The videos were posted on the Stake YSA facebook page and acted as a wonderful reminder of the 'reason for the season'. Initially I thought only the YSA Leaders were creating videos, until I was asked to make one. Creating a short video in one take certainly is a strange experience but I enjoyed sharing my testimony. While I gave some thought to what I would say before hand, I decided not to plan too much and let the Holy Spirit guide me in what I said. The video or 'Mormon Message' I refer to in my testimony can be watched here.

“With so many social media resources and a multitude of more or less useful gadgets at our disposal, sharing the good news of the gospel is easier and the effects more far-reaching than ever before.” 
Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 

*Sorry for the video being so small!!! I uploaded it directly to blogger (it's not actually available on youtube), and I don't know how to make it larger on here...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe