Celebrating Our First Anniversary | The Lake District

6/20/2014


On the 30th of May, Bernard and I went to the Lake District to celebrate the day that marked one year since our first date. So maybe 'A Year of Happiness' would be a more appropriate title. Because that it certainly is. 

Our relationship is wonderful. The love, growth, happiness and honesty are all key and glorious parts to what we have. He is my best friend and so much more. I am astounding grateful to have been blessed with him. The Lord knows us more than we know ourselves and helps us meet special people along the way. 

In Young Womens I was taught that a relationship should be like a triangle. At the top is Heavenly Father and at the two bottom corners is yourself and your partner. The closer you draw to God, the closer and more united you become in your partnership. But it is the duty and responsibility of both parties. Some of my most cherished moments are those where we have felt the Holy Spirit together. 

While this may seem a strange concept to some, it is a widely believed Christian concept that God plays an active role in our lives and that we, as his children, can have a relationship with him and be given great guidance and comfort through his gift of the Holy Spirit.

 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:26-27
We bought a walking map at the tourist information centre and had a whirl at trying to follow the National Trust paths. It was so glorious to simply spend the day together in nature. We hardly ever get a day completely to ourselves, making it even more special. We had milkshakes, smoothies, scones and sandwiches in the small village and later ate such a delicious dinner at an unassuming restaurant. I'm usually very cautious with ordering chicken dishes in restaurants (other than Nandos of course) but this one impressed me SO much! While it was abit more pricey, but it tasted divine! 

Considering how close our university city is to the Lake District it is quite frankly ridiculous that I had never been there! We explored Windermere and Bowness. I just wish we arrived  a little earlier in the day to have gone to the Beatrix Potter museum and on one of those little boats! (Although the latter may have terrified me considering I can't swim.) 

We had such a glorious time. I love looking back on how the dynamics and interactions in our relationship have developed. In the beginning there was the thrill and adrenaline of figuring out who the other person was, now we have the content, love and joy of knowing one another so well and simply being able to experience life together.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe