Life is Pretty Great | A Reflection

10/03/2014


It's so easy to get bogged down with heavy life decisions that need to be made, feeling stressed and overwhelmed. Yes being a graduate and making huge choices is hard. But, it's also pretty great and exciting! I came across an idea while reading another blog that instead of always setting goals and looking to the future with things such as Bucket Lists, why not focus on all the wonderful things you have already experienced. Little things, big things. Those that made you smile, those that refined your life, those that simply made you happy, even if only for a short while. She called it a Nectar List. While I haven't actually written my list yet, it made me reflect on how many incredible moments I have been blessed with. And it's certainly a lot! The Lord does not leave us empty handed. 


And so with my negative, intensely stressed out self lately I have only just gotten around to uploading ten billion photos to facebook. My 21st birthday, university graduation and those I take collectively throughout everyday life. Looking through them, I feel immense joy. There are so many good things!!! So much love and support. So many moments of happiness. It's so easy to forget and be blinkered. Sometimes de-stressing is actually the best way to help yourself make the best choices. It's important to figure out what you want and what will bring you the most happiness


"We should begin by recognising the reality that just because something is good is not a sufficient reason for doing it. The number of good things we can do far exceeds the time available to accomplish them. Some things are better than good, and these are the things that should command priority attention in our lives." 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe