Every Christmas Is Last Christmas

1/06/2015


You may recognise the title as a quote from this year's Doctor Who Christmas Special, but oh how true those words ring! While I had such a lovely holiday season, it is really is a 'Last Christmas'... the last one when I'm not married!! How time has run away with us. I currently live at home again having just finished uni, but in many ways this seems to make it even stranger that soon I will be permanently moving away. Constant change seems to be forever the way of my life. It is so easy to worry and be afraid of change, especially when so much is out of our control. But when we know with a surety that our choices are the best and happiest for us at this time in our life then really it should help make it easier. Today I was walking home worrying incredibly about something, unsure how to help the situation. Once I arrived home and I happened to check my emails and sure enough there was one that gave me hope and helped!!! The Lord does not leave us empty handed! 

Earlier this week while reading the blog written by Al Fox's husband, Ben Carraway I came across the following story and it was exactly what I needed! 

"My wife Al has an assistant at work who is President Eyring's granddaughter. So, with that President Eyring told her that He wanted to meet Al and I. Could we deny? No.Way. We were excited and I was pretty nervous, I thought he would look into my soul and shake his head at me. But, it was a wonderful opportunity to meet a Apostle of the Lord. We met with him for two hours.

When we first walked in he sat us down and looked at us and said: "Ben, tell me your life story." I thought my fears of him piercing my soul would be correct. But, upon telling him, he told me something that ever since has changed my perspective on the future. He was asking me about my schooling and what I'm going to school for. I told him I was going to school and taken some business classes, to get a feel for what I really want to do with my life. He looked at me and smiled: "You don't know what your going do. You don't know." I was like huh? a little confused here. He touched on that and said: "No one knows what their going to do with their life. You just don't know what will come and where Heavenly Father will take you and how he will use you." I was blown away. He mentioned how important it is to stay patient and stay close to the Lord throughout your life and pay close attention to opportunities that arise.

How much I needed to hear that! I get so lost in the thought of the future and worrying what is going to happen and worrying about what I'm going to do. It just gets flat out exhausting. It really starts to affect your daily life. I have come to find out through President Eyring that its not for us to worry about what is going to happen. In Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" It's not for us to worry about it. Everything has its own time and season. It's important to live in the now and to plan for the now, it's good to have future plans but, we shouldn't let those future plans come in the way of what we are to do now. Right now, I'm in the school season with studying and I'm in the married season. The season where I will have my career will come and I have my trust in that."

Read his full blog post here

It can be pretty hard to trust in the Lord and take one step at the time. But each time I do, I see more and more steps appear! It may seem crazy but I know that the Lord truly does love each of us and is emotionally and spiritually invested in each day of our lives!

"It's not the mountains we conquer, but ourselves." Sir Edmund Hillary

Related Posts 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe