Twenty Fourteen. A Magical Year

1/01/2015


With each passing year more and more changes. It's exciting, challenging, scary and a pretty big deal! Our generation is incredibly blessed with the learning available to us and in 2014 I left behind the comforts and security of education. I have learned what it means to be a graduate, and it isn't always what we were lead to believe. It is a huge transition. Yet university was one of the greatest and most rewarding choices of my life. I would never change the way everything transpired, from the timing, the subject, the school and the development. Not only did I find wonderful friends, but the love of my life, my dear fiancé. 

Oh, I haven't mentioned ;) .... I'M ENGAGED!!!!! 

For such a long time I was planning to go volunteer after university for a year and a half as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I even received my assignment or 'call'. It was one of the hardest times I have ever experienced. I was faced with a huge decision. Going no longer felt like the happier choice for me in my life, yet I was terrified of making the 'wrong' decision. 

And so, after everything... I decided not go. 

With the very possibility of staying came many questions, the most important of which was what that meant for Bernard and I. Much prayer, pleading of soul, love, debates, questioning and so much more went into our choice. We decided to get married!!! And will be doing so in Spring this year!!

We are so abundantly happy and exciting. 

Yet comes another other big question. How does the decision of staying affect my everyday life now the structure of education is gone? It has given me much time to ponder what I would have chosen to pursue had I gone on a mission and come home without any romantic commitments and how I can implement them now with this new future ahead. 

What I'm truly interested in and how I can expand my mind and experiences further. 

So much will change in 2015, in some ways it is terrifying and yet I know it is all so right and happy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe