Rebecca Chaperon's Icebergs & Crystals \\ Curated

2/03/2016


I have such a thing for geometric shapes and pastels. It's incredibly difficult to capture clear material in paintings, especially something so smooth with angular facets and I think that Chaperon has done it perfectly! I myself tried in during my A Level Art studies and used much darker blue tones. Her colour pallet is gorgeous and paired with the mid air composition of the object implies a sense of weightlessness and balance. 


Her works expands beyond geometry into much darker themes and inner thoughts, but I felt more drawn towards the simple and lighter parts of her practice. I first discovered her crystal series through pinterest and after looking through her website I found her iceberg series. Very similar to the crystals, the form naturally transitions into a scenic landscape and almost lends itself to galaxy themes.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe